Monday, December 21, 2009

A Holiday Tradition

Many years ago, I decided it would be nice to give a gift to someone that I knew would not be giving one to me. My two girls were little at the time and I thought it would also help them learn the true meaning of giving.

We would give great thought as to who the "lucky" person would be and present it to them at Christmas. My recipients have ranged from colleagues, neighbors, and acquaintances to people I didn't even know but were nice to me in a store. The gifts have gone from those fun $1 bills w/Santa in the middle and McDonalds gift certificates to carefully planned items picked out especially for the individual.

This holiday season consider sharing in my tradition and give to someone who will not expect something from you. Who knows? It might be one of their most meaningful gifts this year.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this thoughtful Christmas reminder. Merry Christmas to you and your family...:) Karen
    PS: Willy is my dog...!

    ReplyDelete