Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not Your Typical New Year’s Resolution

Now that 2011 is officially upon us and we are four days into the New Year, I want to share with you my resolution. I welcome you to join me in an endeavor of living in optimism throughout the year

The Optimist’s Creed by Christian D. Larson (1874-1954)

I promise myself…

To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.

To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.

To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.

7 comments:

  1. Great Words to live by.
    I am loving the new year.
    Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is going to be a banner year....my sentiments exactly! Happy New Year! Thanks,Cindy Stockman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lessons to be learned in thses words. To be,to try, to look, to, live. Can we do it in 2011? I know its worth tne effort. Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timeless words of wisdom... thank you for sharing and Happy 2011 to you...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trudy- New Year's resolution? You've always set that example in my book! Good thoughts for the rest of us though....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said. That's worth posting on my wall. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trudy, You are the best. Great words to live by. I read this to my Mom and she asked me to print it for her. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete